Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Caught Red-Handed

On Monday, we were looking forward to having some friends over for dinner and I was busy preparing dinner. I was so proud of myself; I already had the bathroom scrubbed and the floors spotless. Grace and Brian were quietly busy in the playroom and my dinner was going to be great. Unfortunately, they were playing a little too quietly and busily. Brian came walking out of the playroom with 15 minutes left before the guests arrived carrying the big jar of kool-aid mix in his bright red hands, now quite empty. He must have snuck it when I wasn't looking. I couldn't believe that big sister Gracie didn't blow the whistle, but when she came out of the playroom, I saw why. Her hands and her mouth were bright red too. I stripped off their kool-aid enhanced clothing and scrubbed them up as best as I could, but just like the cat in the hat, I only managed to transfer the tell-tale red from their faces to the bathroom. And kool-aid does not come off little hands without serious soaking. It doesn't vacuum up real well, either. Ah, well. My kids obviously don't make too many disastrous messes, or I would have remembered to grab the camera!

1 comment:

Carl and April said...

Quiet is not a time for reflection in our home it is a time for panic. When I cannot hear the kids I know there is mischief being done.