Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Our First Shiner
On Monday, we spent an enjoyable day at the AZ Science Center with my sister and her kiddos. Great fun was had by all, until the ride home. Gracie, from her seat in the back seat of my van, asked for her water bottle. (For those of you who don't live in AZ, it can be downright dangerous to hit the road without a water bottle, so each of my kids have one. Except Rosie. And we got the BPA free kind. See prior posts about my paranoias.) Anyway, I tried to toss it back to her while driving down the freeway. I know, now that I'm writing about it, it sounds like a really stupid things to do, although, at the time, it just seemed like one of those crazy mom things that we have to do to get by. Usually, I have Brian pass things to her, but he was zonked. Anyway, I tossed it to her, only my toss was bad and her reflexes weren't fast enough and KLONK! I nailed her. She immediately covered her face and began wailing, but pretty soon I could discern an "I'm bleeding!!!" among the wails. I wrangled my way across the freeway to get off at the next exit to examine the damage. I had nailed her on the bone right under her eye and split the skin open. Luckily, I had an ice pack in the car from our lunch so I mopped her up and had her hold the ice pack on it while I hurried home. Her eye is now black and I feel horribly guilty every time I look at her. Poor thing. She wouldn't let me take a picture. Bummer. I think she has forgiven me, but I don't think she'll be playing Catch with me anytime soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Poor Gracie. Have you gotten the strange looks from people who quietly ask Grace what happened? Anytime my kids would get a bump or bruise people would ask them what happened. I even had one ballet teacher and take me aside about Ha-Na's bruises on her legs, she said their placement seemed odd. I informed her that she has active siblings who also have the same bruising, from their play probably.
ooohhh... wish she would have let you take a picture too, poor girl. I'm the same way though, use austin as my go between when possible, otherwise I'm throwing too. guess I'll be careful next time. :)
Post a Comment