Tuesday, June 2, 2009

My Project

I didn't know if I could add text to the post below, so I'll just add in a new post. That book is the book I did for Mark's parent's 50th wedding anniversary. I scanned some of their old pics using my mom's super-duper scanner with the multi-sheet feed. The scanner is incredible. Two huge notebooks worth of old pics took about 45 minutes to scan. Really. I touched them up on my computer and put this book together with a Heritage Makers template. Of course it took me way longer to put together than I planned, but all in all, I think it took me about 12 hours start to finish. (My initial estimate was probably a little bit optimistic, anyway.) I think it looks gorgeous. Hopefully it will get here in time for their big event on Saturday. Now I'm off to prep the food for the reception!

3 comments:

Dallas and Natalie Turley said...

I didn't realize you made that book too! I think I've only seen a handful of pictures of my mom growing up, it was really fun to look through it and see old pictures of her. You did a great job with everything!

I don't know if I have your email address, I have a bunch of blurry pictures of your food tables to send you! Send me an email at dallasandnatalie@blogspot.com and I'll attach your pics.

Dallas and Natalie Turley said...

make that dallasandnatalie@gmail.com

alligood said...

Wow! Katie that book is absolutely amazing! I know you've told me about HeritageMakers before, but I still haven't tried it out - I obviously need to!
I obviously need one of those fancy scanners, too! Impressive!
-Alli

P.S. So what's the scoop on the house situation? Are you coming to Utah this summer.......?