Monday, August 31, 2009

FINALLY!

I can now say with a certain amount of certainty that we will almost definitely be getting our house! We placed our bid in April, I just didn't think a short sale could take so long. Nevertheless, it is a house worth waiting for and an incredible deal too! Yeah! Maybe, just maybe, with lots of good fortune, we will move in n Sept. 24th. Here are some pics from the MLS listing:

This is the lovely exterior with flagstone and a little courtyard area with a fountain (until the local hoodlums steal it.) The house faces the wash and a lovely mountain. I'm looking forward to some nice sunset views!



This is the view from the entrance to the kitchen. It's a split level home. The first part is the dining room and the lower part is the not-too-big formal living room. Across from that is the den with french doors, but you can't see it.



Here is the lovely kitchen with oodles of counter space and storage. Yeah!



Okay, so I don't love the nooks and fireplace, but I suppose it is good for resale value (and ER fees). Whatever. The house is still gorgeous and I love it. Out the sliding glass door is a great backyard that needs less work than most of the other houses we looked at. It is mostly rocks, but it has a covered, enclosed patio and a flat area for the kids to play on. If they survived, there are also roses in a corner. Definite potential.

So that's my new house and when we are settled in, you'll have to come and see it!

5 comments:

Carl and April said...

Congrats, thank you for sharing pictures! We can't wait to come see it when we can finally get down there.

Dallas and Natalie Turley said...

That's awesome, congrats! Are you still going to be up in Anthem?

Sarah said...

Yeah! What a beautiful house, and I'm so glad you found one that's still in the ward.

alligood said...

So exciting!
I've been in blog hibernation for awhile (a new little person in the family does that to me), so just saw this. Congratulations, and the house looks beautiful. Is it close to your current place?

Teri said...

Congrats!!!