Monday, August 30, 2010
No Good Deed. . .
They say no good deed goes unpunished, but c'mon, man! I'm trying my best here! Saturday, as we were driving home from the Primary activity, we saw a ramshackle old camper on the side of the road and an older couple standing by it. I got to thinking about them as I drove on. It was a hot day and they probably needed some help. They were probably really thirsty. Now, the Primary activity was all about the life of our Savior and was a lovely, inspiring affair, and I was thinking about how I needed to live my religion more and be a better example for my kids. So I came up with a plan. I would run to the nearest drive-thru and get some waters and a treat for the kids and we would drive it back to the unfortunate couple. Everything was going smoothly. I worried that maybe we would be too late, that maybe the couple would have driven off by the time we got there, but there they were. It wasn't until I had pulled off the freeway behind the camper that I saw the painting on the back of it. Oh, no. Two bloody hearts with a sword through it and the inscription, "We Shall Prevail" ?? Gracie hopped up. "C'mon Mom! We gotta give 'em their water!" Oh, boy. I hopped out and handed the man his water and told him I thought he might be needing them. He thanked me graciously and proceeded to tell me about the mission that they were on--the anti-sodomy crusade. Boy, did I hop back in my car quickly! And off we went before Gracie had a chance to read their heretofore unnoticed message scrawled in large red letters on the side of their ramshackle camper. Hmm. And what lesson did we learn today, children?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Oh my! You are a better person than me, I am afraid to help strangers with car trouble
Well, I'm afraid now.
Post a Comment