I know my last post was a self-congratulatory post, but a girl's got to get her props where she can!
I had an unfortunate incident while doing the dishes last night. The devilish little baby food jar slipped down the drain unseen. Yes, I turned it on. Yes, it sounded horrid. I slipped on my dishwashing gloves and dug out the glass the best I could. Unfortunately, the disposal was not to forgive me so easily. The maintenance lady at the company we rent from said that they would charge me to fix the disposal, and suggested I have someone look at it first. So I turned to everyone's favorite plumber: the internet! I read a couple of articles and watched the fix-it lady video. I even found sympathy in the Home Disasters Forum (yes, it exists) from someone who had done the same exact thing! I grabbed the tools and a little twist here, and a little wiggle there, and viola! It works and I saved us some serious cash and I earned some serious bragging rights! Between my drain zipper ($3 at Wal-mart--clears any drain like a pro! Brian loved it so much, he asked if her could sleep with it) and my allen wrench, I am a serious plumber! Hurray for do-it-yourselfishness!
Friday, August 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment