Thursday, January 29, 2009
Bridgette's Birthday
I thought I would post some pics of Bridgette's 4th birthday. We had a fun little get together for our angel. I made some yummy pink (of course pink) cupcakes filled with lemon curd from Scotland (thanks, Stace!), buttercream frosting, and topped with crystallized lemon zest. Yum! I started a new tradition this year. Bridgette's birthday is Dec. 6th, which is also St. Nicholas' Day. This is the holiday where you are supposed to put a shoe outside your door at night and St. Nick will bring you some treats in the night. I added in a small strip of paper tied with a pink string. Everybody thought of a good deed or a time that they shared the Gospel and wrote it on the strip. When we hung out our stockings, I hung out the little bunny slippers that I had purchased while I was expecting Bridgette (just in case she needed them), and the strips of paper were placed inside and that was Bridgette's Christmas present. It made a very special experience and the perfect present for sweet Bridgette.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment