Friday, December 11, 2009
Ahhh. . . the final piece of the puzzle!
Morning sickness set in early and fierce with this baby. You can't know the utter depths of despair as my stomach attempted another revolt for liberation from the demands of working harmoniously with the rest of my body, knowing that I would be fighting this same battle day in, day out, all day, and every minute for the next 3 months. I scarfed beans with a desperate fervor, finding some relief in their leguminous presence. Then I got an idea from my very health-conscious sister-in-law. To help aid digestion during her pregnancies, she munched on a slice of ginger. I love ginger, sure, but I'm not daring enough to just bite a big hunk off. Still, the idea is sound, so I got some enzyme supplements. They actually contain ox bile extract, but I try not to think about that. They keep the food going in the proper direction no matter what, even when my stomach is staging a protest worthy of Jesse Jackson. That helped, but I still had this incredible, insatiable hunger that took up the majority of my day to deal with. I can't just eat any food, it has to be the food that will placate the revolutionaries in my stomach, and that's anybody's guess. If I didn't get enough of the right food at the exact right time, say if I was at church or a party, that was it. I was doomed. That's where I reached deep in my bag of tricks for an old enemy, Zofran. Nasty as it is, (as ornery as my lousy insurance is about covering it) it is the missing link that controls the beast that is my stomach. I still have some weird morning sickness symptoms, like the super-sensitive gag reflex and the nausea-causing bad taste in my mouth. For the latter, I again found help from my super health-conscious SIL. She introduced me to Chlorophyll. It comes in a mint flavored extract that even manages onion after-taste. So while I still have unpleasant reminders of my horrid/blessed condition, I can function. My house is actually clean(ish) and today, I even had some (gasp!) ambition! I stick to my regimen like a crazy person, but the alternative is too bleak. I know. I've been there 4 times before.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
So glad you've found relief! Sorry it wasn't of the bean variety, but whatever works is WORTH IT!!! I am so excited to hear more details about this little one.
I'm so sorry about the stomach pain, but I am sooo excited about the baby!!
Post a Comment