Thursday, February 21, 2008

Baby Update

Here's the latest on baby, in case you were wondering. I am officially legal (37 weeks) but the doctor said no big action is imminent. That's probably okay for now because I still have nesting to do! Ahh, my favorite part of pregnancy! I don't know how different hormones work together to cause me to get really excited about scrubbing floorboards and cleaning closet after closet, but they do and I'm grateful. The craft closet had reached the point where the doors no longer opened. Now, all the play-dough supplies are neatly arranged in their drawer next to the paints and above the felt. My wrapping supplies are neatly folded and tucked into easily accessible drawers. I get giddy just looking in that closet, and Gracie is thrilled to have her beloved crafts accessible again. She will honestly spend hours on Perler bead creations. I have no idea what to do with them once we've ironed and fused them together, but she loves making them so much, why not?
My fabulous mother will be coming up now that our house is communicable disease free. Nobody cleans like she does, and my pantry has her name written on it. In one day, she will have the baby's room/my closet organized and spic and span, and the pantry and probably make serious head-way on the laundry room. How does she do it? (Maybe it's the Diet Coke--it always worked for Grandma!)
So, while I have not gone out and bought a label machine yet, my house is still in really good shape. Hooray! I'll keep you posted on any baby progress, and three cheers for nesting!

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Thank goodness I haven't gotten any of those crazy cleaning urges yet. I'm sure I will soon but I hate cleaning and organizing but I've heard that when you get the urge you just can't help yourself. I hope you get to have your baby soon.

alligood said...

Just THINK what might be possible if you DID splurge on the label maker! (Which, by the way, I haven't touched since Jakers was born......) :-)
-Alli