Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Finally, an update

It's been a while since I updated! Shame on me. I guess it's all part of this summer conspiracy. Before summer starts, you think you will have all this time with your kids to do good mommy things and get caught up on the lengthy to do list, and before you know it, summer's almost over, you haven't done any good mommy things, and your to do list is longer. Sigh.

I have managed to can quite a bit though, and I feel a surge of pride every time I look in the pantry. I have chicken, ground beef, beef chunks, pintos, black beans, garbanzo beans, navy bean soup, onion soup, mushroom soup, orange marmalade, strawberry jam, strawberry slices, and strawberry puree. Yeah!

The best part of my summer so far is that my sister is finally here! Her hubby is in the air force so they live here, there and everywhere, and most recently in Germany. His next assignment is a year in Baghdad, so Stacy (turning down her chance to live in the lovely green zone) will be living in Gilbert for the next year. Let the party begin!

No comments: