Friday, June 27, 2008

My Knee

I was walking to answer the phone with Rosie in my arms when I slipped on some water on our treacherous tile. (How treacherous can tile be, you ask? Ask Gracie, it gave her a concussion.) Luckily, my mommy instincts kicked in and I clutched Rosie tighter, instead of dropping her to save myself. (I always worry about what I'll do if I should fall with her in my arms.) I managed to keep pretty upright, only landing on my knee. I got off pretty lucky, considering. A little while later, I could feel something against my pants. I looked down and could see this huge protuberance sticking out, right at my knee. The Horror! My knee had been taken over by aliens! Actually, it was just some nasty swelling, but it looked WEIRD! I was so freaked out I called my dad. (Poor Dad. Being the resident medical expert, he has to field a lot of weird calls.) He said just to wrap it up in an ace bandage to contain the swelling. Pretty soon, my knee only looked a little swollen, not like it had been invaded by aliens. If only I could have propped it up and iced it for a while, I'm sure it would have healed up marvelously. Being a mom provides no such leisure. I had to get dinner on, take Gracie to swim lessons, get the kids to bed, clean the kitchen, feed Rosie. . . . Oh well. At least I know that I do indeed have good mommy instincts!


1 comment:

alligood said...

OUCH!!!! And, yes, that is bizarre-o! Can't wait to see you soon!
-Alli