Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Being the Crazy Mom

I try not to be the crazy mom that freaks out about her child's every bump, rash, or funny looking stool. Really. But I am just not sure what to do about Rosie. She did not gain any weight through the months of January and February, despite the fact that she usually gets about 1400 calories a day. Although she is a pretty cute kid, she does have that skinny monkey look about her. Sometimes she has weird poos that are nearly white in color. I called my doctor and she insisted that this was okay. Poo varies greatly. But I still think it's weird so I actually took in a sample and made her look at it. I felt very sheepish, but I was just going to keep worrying about it until I did. The doctor again assured me that it was fine. Now I'm pretty sure she thinks I'm a nutjob and the harder she tries to reassure me that Rosie is just fine, the more I worry that we are all missing something. My pediatrician and I are in a downward self-destructive spiral of misguided reassurance and desperation. Hooray for specialists. They are more likely to assume something is wrong, so Rosie is going to get more tests done. Maybe something will turn up that we have all been missing. But then again, maybe she's just fine, and I am just crazy.

2 comments:

Cheryl Anne said...

Well, I don't really want to say I hope they figure it out, because that assumes there is something to find... so, I hope your mind is put at ease one way or another. :)

Carl and April said...

As long as you are worried then you should continue to voice it! The only way to feel at ease is to do all that you can.