Friday, April 24, 2009
Good News--I think. . .
Rosie had her endoscopy on Monday (actually it was an EGD) and was a trooper. She did a great job, and of course got lots of attention from all the nurses. When you go to the hospital, it really helps if you're cute. I got the results of the test back this morning and the GI said that everything looked normal. While this is great, and does rule out a few other diseases that Rosie might have had, it doesn't tell me that Rosie doesn't have Celiac's. She just might be too young to tell. Which means I have to keep going with the gluten-free diet as long as it seems to help without really knowing that it's necessary. We will probably end up doing the EGD again, and not in this deductible calendar year. I guess I shouldn't have expected anything less, that is the nature of medical tests. Sure, they answer a few questions, but they always leave you with more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I think that's the test that Will recently had to clarify his diagnoses of reflux (and rule out allergies, or other problems). His GI doc did say that it had ruled out Celiac's, though, so maybe not! Or maybe it just can't rule it out on such a young child.
I was thinking of you today when I read a little blurb in a parenting magazine that said chalky white poop could be a sign of either gallbladder or liver disease. Have those been ruled out? I don't mean to be nosy, but just thought of little Rosie when I read that!
-Alli
Post a Comment