Thursday, April 16, 2009

Purge!

I've been on a purging binge! The beginning of the year found me feeling frustrated and out of control. I never seemed to get beyond cleaning. I sort of cleaned all day, and then when night came, sighed that I hadn't finished all the dishes. My house always looked cluttery and never clean enough to have people over. I got a book on being organized and was inspired. In a mad fit, I tore apart my garage, laundry room, my desk and loft and shuffled and organized. It took me forever, but my garage is organized and functional, and have a fabulous procedure in place for my laundry (I even iron!), things don't get lost on my desk and my loft is now usable space! However, it wasn't enough. My house still gets cluttery and I'm still always cleaning and never doing all those good mommy things I dream of. I got more books from the library and now I'm purging like crazy. Yeah!!! Every bag of junk I toss out is so liberating. I can't wait to pack and move. When we move in to our new house, you all will not believe how organized and clutter-free it will be! Next up: time management books!

By the way, if anybody wants any old Happy Meal toys, I'm your girl!

2 comments:

alligood said...

What book so inspired this rush of organization??? A nesting mama needs to know!

I have had moments like that after reading Don Aslett's "Clutter's last stand"...... I need a current inspiration right now, though. I can totally relate to your frustration! It's time for a major de-junk around here!

Carl and April said...

Yeah! I love decluttering! It is the best feeling when I drop off stuff at the salvation army! We are still unpacking boxes and half of them are refilled up with donations and several more with just trash.

I am on the same mission of trying to get the space of the house to work for our family. Good luck in your pursuit and keep me posted.