Tuesday, April 20, 2010

I guess I'm okay after all...

Pregnancy makes me miserable in oh so many ways, one being that I feel like such a slouch of a homemaker. My house is messy. We eat a lot of spaghetti and bean burritos. I don't do many extra things for my kids above and beyond basic subsistence. I feel like such a loser! And then I read all about Money Saving Mom's fabulous freezer days and I am positively green with envy (or maybe it's nausea?) but at any rate, I feel like a total failure.

I have, however, with what little 2nd trimester energy I could find, and borrowing a little nesting instinct from my next few weeks, managed a little bit to redeem myself. I canned turkey with my friend, canned broth from the carcass, canned tomato soup, replenished my supply of canned beans, canned 3 kinds of bean soup, sweet potatoes, and strawberry jam. (The strawberries were $.33 a pound!) I also made a huge batch of pizza dough for the freezer. I guess I'm not so bad after all. Maybe after I replenish my canned chicken and ground beef, I might feel pretty good about myself.

4 comments:

Family of Disney said...

Hey can all that for me, and you'll feel great.

You are doing amazing!

alligood said...

Hmmmmmm, now I feel like a loser. LOL! Feel better now??? A huge, tired preggo does more than me (a lot more)......

P.S. I wasn't insinuating that you were huge, even though that's what I said. What I MEANT was that you are very very pregnant (yet still very very productive).

Katie said...

It's okay. I AM huge and growing larger every day. I feel like something out of Wonka's Chocolate Factory.

I am pretty obsessed with food storage, and we were plumb out after living off it since we moved in. Very handy. I won't tell you what my bathrooms look like though. . .

Dallas and Natalie Turley said...

If it makes you feel any better, we have bean burritos and spaghetti almost every week (sometimes more than that when Natalie's too tired to object!)